IAC Board

I-901 SEVIS fee

Zdravo,

Da li je moguce platiti I-901 SEVIS fee raiffeisen virtuon karticom? Ja sam pokusao na fmjfee.com i dobio sam poruku da je kartica odbijena. Proverio sam u banci i potvrdili su da je sve ispravno u njihovom sistemu.

Na sajtu ambasade pise da moze da se plati Western Union-om pomocu "Quick Pay" formulara, ali nisam uspeo da nadjem ni uputstvo ni formular.

Yes, of course you can.

Elz

Zdravo,

Da li je moguce platiti I-901 SEVIS fee raiffeisen virtuon karticom? Ja sam pokusao na fmjfee.com i dobio sam poruku da je kartica odbijena. Proverio sam u banci i potvrdili su da je sve ispravno u njihovom sistemu.

Na sajtu ambasade pise da moze da se plati Western Union-om pomocu "Quick Pay" formulara, ali nisam uspeo da nadjem ni uputstvo ni formular.

Yes, of course you can.

Elz

Western Union information is not applicable here - National Bank of Serbia does not allow money transfers out of the country through Western Union. Put euros on your Virtuon card and try again. Put about ten euros more, just in case. If you put dollars in the account, chances are that American banks may not see them.

Today I tried with another Visa Virtuon card and I had the same problem.

This is reeeeeally frustrating!

Your credit card could not be authorized

You may try again or select another payment method.

If paying by credit card, please make sure you enter all the data fields on the credit card form.

Click OK to continue.

Guys from the bank are saying that everything works fine on their side. Also, I tried to book an airplane ticket today with another card at expedia.com and got the same $% again! They could not charge me for the ticket, but they did charge $7 reservation fee. Twice! How could they charge $7 and not be able to charge for the ticket?! So, I decided to call that 1-800 number at expedia in hope to find out what is going on. After 80 minutes of adventurous chitchats with automatic answering machines and semi-automatic customer support expedia employees I found out that there is some kind of authorization problem with the payment system at the airplane company and they will try to fix it in next 24 hours. Still, I have no idea what is wrong with fmjfee.com

Did you get any complaints from students recently?

Guys from the bank are saying that everything works fine on their side. Also, I tried to book an airplane ticket today with another card at expedia.com and got the same $% again! They could not charge me for the ticket, but they did charge $7 reservation fee. Twice! How could they charge $7 and not be able to charge for the ticket?! So, I decided to call that 1-800 number at expedia in hope to find out what is going on. After 80 minutes of adventurous chitchats with automatic answering machines and semi-automatic customer support expedia employees I found out that there is some kind of authorization problem with the payment system at the airplane company and they will try to fix it in next 24 hours. Still, I have no idea what is wrong with fmjfee.com

Did you get any complaints from students recently?

No complaints recently. Similar events happened before and all we could tell you is to be patient. There may be million reasons why this is happening.

Let me just be sure about this - you have euros on this card, not dollars?

I spoke with support at the bank today and they identified the problem with the I-901 payment. There was an error in their system log saying "not an e-commerce transaction". It means that fmjfee.com does not use e-commerce transactions which is the only type of transaction supported by Visa Virtuon card. Another type of transaction is MOTO (Mail Order/Telephone Order). However, the guy from the bank could not tell if fmjfee.com uses that type of transaction.

Also, airplane company declined my card for the same reason.

What should I do? Any suggestions?

I spoke with support at the bank today and they identified the problem with the I-901 payment. There was an error in their system log saying "not an e-commerce transaction". It means that fmjfee.com does not use e-commerce transactions which is the only type of transaction supported by Visa Virtuon card. Another type of transaction is MOTO (Mail Order/Telephone Order). However, the guy from the bank could not tell if fmjfee.com uses that type of transaction.

Also, airplane company declined my card for the same reason.

What should I do? Any suggestions?

That is quite weird since Visa Virtuon was working perfectly for fmjfee web site before. It may be some temporary glitch, but is highly unlikely... I don't think we can find a quick solution to this problem - try to find someone with a different type of credit card.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Correct :rolleyes: The card was issued before the bank became Intesa. It was plain VISA (not electron, virtuon etc.) card with Serbian currency.

Just to confirm. Only card that works is VISA! Plain VISA!

I tried with Visa electron, Master and AmEx, but they were rejected.

Good luck everyone!