IAC Board

Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS)

dekica

Ok, please, allow me to introduce myself ("... I'm a man of wealth and taste..." ;) )

my name is Dusan Vrugic, and in two and a half months, I'll be starting with MSIS program on Hawaii Pacific University (HPU). I am accepted for 50% tuition waiver every semester, which is unfortunately highest you can get if you are not planing to get some sport scholarship. Actually, I know couple of people which attend HPU who managed to get full sport scholarship + money ( they play basketball, football, volleyball, etc.).

First of all, I must send huge thanks to Lala ( Jaroslav Turcan, which has just finished his MBA on same University), for his withstanding of endless rows of my questions about attending HPU and living in Hawaii, and yes, it is PARADISE, but, it is expensive for living. Also big thanks to Elizabeth and Pixi and rest of people from IAC for everything! Without you guys, I won't even think about going to graduate studies.

I have chosen this University for 3 things:

1. LOCATION ( did I emphasized enough on point of paradise? C'mon guys, it's Hawaii ! )

2. Great Computer Department. They invested 5-6 million dollars in renovating their computer labs in past couple years. They have great professors with good credentials, and I think 24h open library. Hey, what more a geek like me needs!

3. They didn't asked for GRE, which is great for me because I'm currently employed for our national airliner ( Trick question: What is the favorite airline that people in Serbia love to hate? :blink: ), and I don't have time to finish preparation for it in time.

As for financial factor, if you don't have money, prepare for a bumpy ride. You can work 17 hours/week for aprox. 400-500 USD per month, and for the rest of sum, hmmm, I've heard that kidneys reach high price on our local black market these days. ROFL, sorry about the last statement, just kidding.

Actually, HPU is the second largest University in Hawaii, the first is University of Hawaii at Manoa, and unfortunately, for now, I can't give you any information about that other institution.

If anybody have questions about visa application or univ. application, I will be glad to answer them. For questions about living in Hawaii and attending Master studies, please wait for couple more months.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and Aloha ;)

P.S. Elizabeth, Dejan has given me your messege, and Jaroslav is still in Hawaii, he is not in Serbia, and I think that he is not planing to come back soon ( Not until he finish his OPT, for sure ).