IAC Board

GRE SCORES QUESTION

viket

Dear Duka,

Coming from a BA program, these scores are not promising. One thing that can help you get a feel for the situation is to look at the percentile rating. This compares you to the other test takers. I know that the exam is really challenging, but from your background you really need to be very high on the verbal and the quantitative needs to be higher as well.

Once again, and particularly with your background, you could greatly benefit from a prep class, please do not let dismal GRE scores crush you. This is an obstacle, but you must overcome it.

Elz

Dear Elz,

I have one question concerning my scores. I called the EST and found out the results- VERBAL: 470 ANALYTICAL WRITING: 4.5 and QUANTITATIVE: 300.

I am applying for English Department. TOEFL IBT is 107 p.

I am a bit worried about the GRE score. What are my prospects?

I hold BA in English.

Best regards,

Duka Vladimira

Dear Elz,

Thank you. My percentile is: VERBAL: 43%, ANALYTICAL WRITING: 58% AND QUANT: 0.2

I am worried about the QAUNT but since I am applying for the english department the verbal and anal writing are the most important ones.

viket

Actually, Quantitative is really the least of your problems. AW is decent. Verbal is bad, esp. for an English dept.