IAC Board

Loans for master studies

Olja

My GPA is 9.7 and when I finish the final year (I'm on the final year right now on the Faculty of Organizational Sciencies)I expect my GPA to be even higher. I would like to enroll master studies in Columbia University in 2011, but I've heard they are not so fond of giving financial aid to international students for the first year of enrollment...So, I'm asking you if I have any chances do get a student loan? Or these loans are strictly for the american citizens?

Thank you,

Olja

• 3 weeks later...

My GPA is 9.7 and when I finish the final year (I'm on the final year right now on the Faculty of Organizational Sciencies)I expect my GPA to be even higher. I would like to enroll master studies in Columbia University in 2011, but I've heard they are not so fond of giving financial aid to international students for the first year of enrollment...So, I'm asking you if I have any chances do get a student loan? Or these loans are strictly for the american citizens?

Thank you,

Olja

As we can see, loans are available for US citizens only at this point. That doesn't mean you can't find some other source of financing, but then it means you would have to find somebody to co-sign on the loan application. The other person must be an American citizen.

Try to schedule arrival to some of our graduate advising session where you can establish broader view on future studies in the US. You don't have to limit yourself to just one university.

• 1 year later...