IAC Board

Stipendije

Vladan

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Vladan,

What sort of scholarship are you looking for? Are you looking for undergraduate, graduate...what is your area of study? If you can provide us with a profile of your academic record and interests, we can begin to assist you with finding information.

Best regards,

elz

• 5 months later...

If I may ask... Is there any exchange programs/scholorship programs available for students from the United States to come to... for example Beograd, to spend a year there? Im very interested. I'm in 10th grade currently, and i would want to go for my senior year (12th). I am 16 and I am Serbian. I would want to get better at my writing and reading skills, as well as speaking. Dobro hvala, ako imate ikakve odgovore za ovo molim vas da email me ili moze i hovde da odgovorite.

Cretna Nova Godina! :D

Postavanje,

Boris Ilic

Dear Boris,

As far as I know, there are currently no "exchange programs" such as this. However, this has been burning in my mind for quite some time and I have some idea as how to put something like this into operation. In fact, I have about three or four very interesting educational projects involving exchanges that I plan to work on over the next year. To put a program like this into place requires extensive planning or otherwise it comes out sloppy and does not benefit anyone.

Since you are starting early, my guess is that we could help you find a situation that would be very beneficial to you. I think that you have a great idea. It really delights me to hear that you are interested in doing this. Not only would you improve your language skills, but you would also get to see a great deal of Europe. It would be an excellent educational experience all the way around. In addition, it would look great on your university application after you graduate.

Give me some time to work on this project. I was planning to do a "major offensive" in this area for 2006. I have some meetings scheduled after the holidays and I plan to raise this issue. I had already through extensively about this idea in terms of a summer program, but had not considered an entire academic year for a high school student. How does your family feel about this idea? I had considered some sort of exchange between families. I could certainly find a high school student here, we see some excellent young people in our center and the two of you might be able to "trade families" for an academic year. In fact, I had planned to reach out to Serbian families living in the USA and see if they would be willing to reach out to students here and host a student for a year.

Why dont' you contact me via our e-mail and give me some more background on your idea. I want to know where you live, what your GPA is, what your parents think about this idea, and what your expectations are. Also if you think that your family would be willing to trade you for a year, I really want to know details about your high school. In terms of trading you for a motivated student here, many of these candidates would be students with very good GPAs here, possibly hoping to play on a school sports team and get seriously scouted for an athletic scholarship at a university. Other students that we work with are math and science superstars.

I think this could really work, primarily because I know such good quality people here. I think that we could find you an excellent situation and I could even introduce you to some wonderful young people here. You would not lack for friends. Please e-mail me at elizabeth@iacbg.org and let me know more about what you have in mind.

Best regards,

Elizabeth

• 1 month later...

Postovana elz,

Imam i ja jedno pitanje u vezi sa svojom situacijom na fakultetu i stipendijom za studije u USA. Trenutno sam apsolvent na FON-u u Beogradu na smeru za informatiku. Mislim da ce mi prosek, kada diplomiram, biti malo vise od 8, ali sam se zato potrudio da imam desetke i devetke iz onih oblasti koje me zanimaju da studiram u USA, a sakupicu i dobre preporuke od vise profesora. Zanima me i da li se pri dodeli stipendija uzima u obzir koliko godina starosti ima buduci student u USA i koliko mu je trebalo da zavrsi fakultet u Srbiji. Na primer, moj fakultet traje 4 godine, ali cu ga zavrsiti za ukupno 6 godina (2001 - 2007) i tada cu imati 26. Voleo bih da znam kakve su shanse 8)  

Pozdrav i hvala!

Postovani Marko,

Kada je u pitanju stipendija za postdiplomske studije posle vasih trenutnih studija u SCG, godine ne bi trebalo da budu problem. Bilo je i starijih postdiplomaca koji su dobili mogucnost finansiranja za neki od programa u SAD. Vasa situacija i nije toliko losa, s obzirom na to da imate jace ocene iz predmeta koji su vam od interesa.

Za detaljnije informacije dodjite na neko od nasih savetovanja za postdiplomce koja se odrzavaju sredom u 15 casova. Potrebno je samo da se najavite dan ranije da rezervisete mesto.

• 6 years later...

Zanima me da li su od znacaja za dobijanje stipendije visoke ocene iz predmeta koji su vezani za odredenu oblast,sto se mastera tice,buduci da mi je celokupan prosek 7.5?

Hvala unapred

U velikoj većini slučajeva te ocene imaju veliku težinu pri pravljenju proseka kandidata i apliciranja na katedre. Ti stručni predmeti su vam veoma važni i dobro je ako imate bolje ocene sa fakulteta baš tu.