IAC Board

GRE Scores

I was wondering how important are Verbal and Analytical Writing scores on GRE for students who are majoring engineering? I would also like to know if admissions committee would consider the fact that I am an international student when it comes to evaluating the GRE scores? I'm talking about the top engineering universities.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I finally got my GRE scores: V:310 and Q:790. The AW section score is still being processed. Is my low verbal score going to affect my chances for getting admitted with financial aid? Do I have any chances at top ranked universities (like Brekeley, MIT, Illinois, Purdue, etc.)? My major is Civil Engineering - Structural.

I should emphasis that I've spent the whole year at the University of Wyoming as a FORECAST exchange student and I had no trouble with language (my recommender from UW can confirm this). Also, I scored 108 points on TOEFL iBT.

Is there any way I could get private consultation (from Montenegro) with a knowledgeable person from your office (for example by phone or email)?