IAC Board

Liberal Arts

Vladan

Ovu temu postavljam ovde jer mi se cini da ovde najvise odgovara...

Interesuje me koja je razlika izmedju npr. biohemije na Liberal Arts koledzu i na nekom drugom (koji nije Liberal Arts)....

I ako mozete malo vise da mi pojasnite Liberal Arts...

Posto mene vise interesuje sama nauka (Biohemija, Molekularna biologija...) nego medicina, pa zelim da znam da li je "bolja" nauka na liberal arts ili na nekom "obicnom" tj. da li su bolje sanse za dalje za usavrsavanja iz te oblasti posle liberal arts ili ne...

PoZz

• 1 month later...

Dear Vladan,

Here is a great link that should answer your question in great detail:

http://www.rbs0.com/college.htm

I believe that our Liberal Arts Education system in one of the most valuable rewards of having an American university education. I would encourage you to explore this information to help you decide what is best for you.

Elizabeth

Academic Advisor

• 5 weeks later...

The tradition of a "Liberal Arts Education" can be quite different and confusing to students from other countries. Many universities including those in Serbia and Montenegro concentrate very heavily throughout the program in the vocational side of the education or, to put it another way, the actual professional knowledge that the student is seeking within his or her field.

In contrast, one key aspect of the American university experience, is the development of general skills that are not necessarily within the scope of the field of study. These general skills consist of learning the art of oral and written communication, interpersonal skills, problem solving, and critical thinking.

While certainly not intended to replace the major, the GPA, or the institution a student elects to attend, the knowledge in this area of liberal arts is certainly intended to enhance the personal and professional growth of the student.

One particularly enriching aspect of this education is the preparation that it can provide an international student for working in a world that is becoming ever more globalized.

Students who set out to receive a liberal arts education enter on a journey of intellectual curiousity desgined to broaden their experience and prepare them to enter a competitive job market. These students are instilled with the skills necessary to research and problem solve, no matter where their careers may take them.