IAC Board

andrea1

I noticed you have answered several questions aboute licencure for dentistry in USA. I did read everything at the ADA website, but I couldn't find the answer to my question. I know all about the option to go to trough a 2 years long program for nostrification and getting a DDS degree, but I am more interested in the second option I heard about.

What I heard is that you can apply to a specialty program (for example orthodontics), complete the program and than work without having a DDS degree. Is that correct information? And if yes, could you please help my by telling me in which states I could practice that one specialty that I chose. I am not running away from getting into a program for a DDS degree, but from what I found on the internet, I noticed it is quite a bit cheaper to go to specialty education. I am on my last year of studies in Montenegro, and I am graduating at the age of 22 (so I will be the youngest dentist in Montenegro ever). Please reply, I would greatly appreciate any information you could give me.

Sincerely,

Andrea