Volontiranje na Alumni sajmu, 18. novembar 2018. Read more... ×
IAC Board
Scott Louis

An Afternoon with U.S. Admissions Officers, November 5th, 2018

Hello friends,

Here is where we can discuss the event that will take place on November 5th, 2018 15:30h at IAC.

Two admissions officers, one from Wabash College in Indiana and the other from Augsburg University in Minnesota, will come to the Center to meet with students and discuss all things admissions.

This event is for all people interested in the process of getting admitted to university in the United States, even if you are not intending to add one of these schools to your application list.

If you are seeing this and you were not sent an e-mail invitation, please feel free to join the event! All we ask is that you please fill out this form so that we know that you're coming and can collect your basic information:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfFEiyHhQkB_kA5s9a_amQiDtiphJVryUi1tPsu2xKLI9yYGg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Hope to see you there!

So I spent most of Friday working with this very stubborn new forum which seems to have a mind of its own.  I wanted to share some excellent multi-media with you that had whistles and bells and interesting things about the two colleges that will be visiting us on MONDAY 5 November at 3.30 pm - as in TODAY. 

Instead, I have this rather meager offering consisting of a list of PhD feeder schools for various subjects where Wabash has a prominent place.    Also it is a great idea to visit the sites of both schools, Wabash and Augsburg.

For the grand finale, I have attached the profiles of both schools from the College Data Site.  Unfortunately the Common Data Site does not include the Financial Aid details for International students from the Common Data Set.  However, Wabash does publish this information for international students and in 2016-7, Wabash provided 58 students with aid averaging $34,544 per year. . Let me emphasize that this is an average, so it may be possible to quality for more or less than that amount.  Augsburg states on the website that it also provides scholarships/financial aid to international students and based on a combination of searches, it looks to be about $21,000 to $23,000 as reported by the school to Big Future, the International Students Handbook, and other reference publications that focus on international students. 

Absolutely the best way to learn about the schools is to come out and hear the presentations.  Take notes and ask questions.  It is the FOUR years of your life, dear friends, and it should be a life changing experience! 

1 Wabash_College_College_Profile.PDF

2 Augsburg_College_College_Profile.PDF