IAC Board

Stefan Todorovic commits to SMU, will reclassify to 2021

administrator

Originally a member of the 2022 class, three-star wing Stefan Todorovic has committed to Tim Jankovich and SMU and plans to reclassify to the class of 2021.

"This turned out to be the toughest decision I have ever made," says Todorovic in his announcement. "With that being said, in the fall of 2021, I am excited to announce that I will be attending Southern Methodist University." 

A native of Serbia, Todorovic really came onto the scene last month with efficient play from behind the arc at Geico Nationals. His ability to stretch a defense coupled with his terrific size at 6-foot-8 made Todorovic a prospect worth pursuing for primary recruiter Jay Duncan and Coach Jankovich.

Todorovic is excited to make the move to Dallas with hopes that it will benefit his life on and off the court.

"I committed to SMU because of the great education I could receive and their basketball program," says Todorovic. "Under Coach Jankovich and Coach Duncan, I could see myself improving on a daily basis."

With his commitment to the Mustangs, Todorovic continued to stress how much he values his education. "Basketball and education are priorities in my life," he continued. "I came from The Best International School in Belgrade, after finishing three years there. So for my family and myself, we expected that after my first year at Prolific I continue on with my education in college."

A recruiting class that ranks among the best in the American Athletic Conference, Todorovic will join three-star guards Zhuric Phelps and Jalen Miller to make up the Mustangs 2021 recruiting class. Southland Conference Player of the Year Zach Nutall will also be a new face to the Moody Coliseum faithful as the Mustangs are primed for a huge 2021-22 season.

Todorovic is ranked as the No. 47 overall small forward in the Class of 2022. However, with his reclassification and stellar play to close out the season, he will be heavily considered for a spot within the 2021. 

https://247sports.com/college/smu/Article/Stefan-Todorovic-commitment-to-SMU-Basketball-Recruiting-reclassify-to-2021-Tim-Jankovich-164447237/