IAC Board

dentists

mi3c22

Do you mean to attend university?  I am sorry but when you say high school students, I am not sure what you mean.  There is no high school for dentistry in the USA.  However,  there are Dental Schools throughout the USA at university level.  The not so good news is that financial assistance is going to be quite challenging for dental school.

• 2 weeks later...

Well like all American programs of study, dentistry programs are decentralized.  The first thing that I can tell you is that financial aid is going to be very tricky -  perhaps dismal.  Also because this a professional program, each state will set its own standards.  

Some schools accept students after a few years of undergraduate work, others may accept a student directly into dental school, while  others approach dental school as more of a graduate studies program.  One link that can help you look at wide range of programs  is:

http://www.ada.org/prof/ed/programs/search...h_ddsdmd_us.asp

I would encourage you to visit this link and begin to explore the various programs and develop of vision of which one most meets your needs.

I hope this helps you get started.

Elz

• 3 years later...