IAC Board

Dear elz,

Thank you for answering my question. :)

I wish to attend college this fall and I am aware that I am extremely late so when I started my college search I looked only at the colleges that have rolling admission. It happens that my first choice has rolling admission so I must say I am quite happy about that. However I am also aware of the school costs which scare me (comparing US tuitions to ours is scary to everyone I imagine :) ) so I am in search of a scholarship or some form of financial aid. For the time being I 've aplied to only one college (DePaul) but I am in contact with two other universities I consider applying.

As I already mentioned being really late in my college preparation I must also mention I am not well informed about the whole financial aid process so I am interested in knowing more about it. I would also like to know do I get benefits from being a US citizen or not?

ivana

Dear Ivana,

Being a US citizen makes a huge difference - that is why we are moving this post to the US Citizens section. Welcome :) You will need to fill out a FAFSA and there is a link : http://www.ed.gov/students/landing.jhtml. If you follow that link you can study a great deal of the information there and after you have read that you will have a better understanding and we can also help fill in any gaps because I know that it is a bit confusing.

Is the admissions office at De Paul aware that you hold US citizenship? They can also offer you some assistance in this process. First though, you really need to read this information and inform yourself so that it reflects all of those qualities that they base admission on....read through the site, and we can help you fill in the gaps.

Best regards,

Elz