IAC Board

Great Site to Find a US Residency

elz

OK Doctors,

I have found an outstanding site for you to visit. This is a great relief to me and hopefully it will be of great help to you:

www.matcharesident.com

"MatchAResident is an online residency program database that designed to maximize your chances of securing as many interviews as possible by applying only to those programs that will consider having you as a resident in their program. Almost all residency programs have screening criteria that they use to select applicants for interview. The most common criteria looked at includes US grads vs. foreign med grads, immigration status (US citizen, green card, H-1 or J-1), minimal USMLE scores and US clinical experience. Using various sources including direct information from insiders in each residency program, enabled us to not only provide you with a customizable list of residency programs, but also those that are IMG friendly (10% or more of their current residents are foreign grads)."

MAR offers customized reports, these reports are lists of residency programs in a specific specialty that match the credentials of each IMG saving them the time and money calling residency programs for requirements. Upon registration, our system will ask each of these applicants specific questions and at the end of registration the system will create a list of programs that math these answers giving during registration. These questions are the same question IMGs ask when they call the programs.

You will need to register and here is the information that the site has shared with me:

You will need to answer the following questions:

IMG or AMG?

Visa (J1 or H1) or US citizen/GC/EAD?

Time since graduation?

US clinical experience?

USMLE scores (step 1 and 2ck)?

Our database is updated twice a year (January and June). Our last updated took place in June-July 2007. We update our reports obtaining the information DIRECTLY from residency programs and NO other source. We do not rely on program websites to update our information. Residency programs update their own information as well any time there is a change made, that makes our system a dynamic system. Access to these reports expires April 1st of each year. That means if you purchase a report today or next month you still have access to the list until April 1st 2008.

The fee for the first specialty is $79 nd 20% discount on additional specialties. If you purchase four or more specialties we will activate and additional specialty free of charge (5th free). We also offer access to ALL 13 specialities for $399.

Our 13 Specialties offered:

Internal Medicine (IM)

General Surgery (GS)

Family Practice (FP)

Ob/Gynecology (Ob/Gyn)

Pediatrics (Peds)

Psychiatry (Psych)

Anesthesiology (Anesth)

Emergency Medicine (EM)

Pathology (Path)

Transitional Year (TY)

Neurology (Neuro)

Physical Medicine and Rehab (PM&R)

Radiology (RAD)

Good Luck with this. I realize it is a fee paid service at the point where you get serious, but I think this kind of service is probably the most efficient way to get into a residency program. As soon as someone uses this service, please share your thoughts on how it works. We would like to hear all about it.

Elz