IAC Board

postdiplomske studije

sanja_5

interesuje me kolike su sanse da dobijem stipendiju za postdiplomske studije iz turizma. Diplomirala sam sa prosekom 8.66. Koji univerzitet da izaberem, odnosno na koji imam najvise sanse? :(

Svako ima dobre ?anse, ali mnogo toga zavisi od va?e kompletne situacije, ne samo od proseka. Potrebno je da izaberete katedru na kojoj mo?ete da poka?ete koliko ste dobri, kao i da zadovoljite kriterijume profesora i institucija. S obzirom da institucija u SAD ima mnogo, najbolje je da dođete na neko od na?ih redovnih savetovanja za postdiplomce i odslu?ate koji bi bili prvi koraci u planiranju studija i pronala?enju pravih obrazovnih mogućnosti. Savetovanja su besplatna, odvijaju se svakog drugog četvrtka i potrebno je da najavite dolazak pozivom na 011/3345 227.

• 1 year later...

I come from Montenegro and I am a senior student at American College of Management and Technology in Dubrovnik, Croatia (division of Rochester Institute of Technology, New York). My major is Hospitality and Service Management with concentration on Human Resources. In May 2009 I will receive Bachelor of Science degree.I am interested about scholarships for postgraduate studies in the USA. Therefore, I have couple of questions:

1. Do I need to take some of standardized tets in order to apply for scholarship (since I alreday study in English language)?

2. Is it too late to apply if I want to start studying next year (2009)?

3. Does the sholarship cover all costs (including tuition fee, books, accomodation, etc.)?

4. How can I choose university and field of study?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
I come from Montenegro and I am a senior student at American College of Management and Technology in Dubrovnik, Croatia (division of Rochester Institute of Technology, New York). My major is Hospitality and Service Management with concentration on Human Resources. In May 2009 I will receive Bachelor of Science degree.I am interested about scholarships for postgraduate studies in the USA. Therefore, I have couple of questions:

1. Do I need to take some of standardized tets in order to apply for scholarship (since I alreday study in English language)?

2. Is it too late to apply if I want to start studying next year (2009)?

3. Does the sholarship cover all costs (including tuition fee, books, accomodation, etc.)?

4. How can I choose university and field of study?

Thank you.

In order to get some kind of scholarship, you need to show the institution you deserve it in some way. Therefore, you will most probably need to take some standardized test. It will depend on the institution if they would recognize your studies in English and relieve you of TOEFL, but you would most probably need to take GRE or GMAT to qualify for programs and scholarships.

Most of the departments need your application by the end of the year for the next one. If they need tests and other paperwork submitted by the end of the year you are most probably late to prepare accordingly. You should know that most of the competitive programs take at least 12 months to prepare for.

Many scholarships will cover parts of your costs, but there will be those that would cover everything. It really depends on institutions to offer financial packages - all terms are available on department's web sites.

There are several ways to find universities offering scholarship. Try searching the web, or two particular web sites - www.petersons.com and www.phds.org. Try writing down what you find and it would be easier for you to ask us later. You should really pay attention to departments offering financial aid to international students.