IAC Board

gre prep

viket

Dear Elz,

Since I was informed that gre paper based is not available in Belgrade in Feb, I am going to have more time to prepare. The vocabulary part is very important for me. I started learning the words from this website www.gredic.wordlist that I found on the forum. There are 5000 words there. Is that absolutely ok?

Viket

Wiket,

Any vocabulary building would help, but once again, you should consider going through a GRE prep course here at IAC. You have three hours of instruction per week, plus a weekly practice test. It also includes seminars for the math section. Thus, you will be guided through every aspect of the verbal section, take 12 practice tests to check your progress, and get help with your math skills.

Elz

Wiket,

Any vocabulary building would help, but once again, you should consider going through a GRE prep course here at IAC. You have three hours of instruction per week, plus a weekly practice test. It also includes seminars for the math section. Thus, you will be guided through every aspect of the verbal section, take 12 practice tests to check your progress, and get help with your math skills.

Elz

Dear Elz,

I graduated from the Faculty of Philology, English Department so that's why I think that I just need guidance. I am planning to apply for graduate studies in the USA English Department so that's why the Verbal section is crucial. I am also employed and cannot fit in with the schedule and my financial situation at the present time is bleak. I hope that you do not mind being asked these questions.

Thank you very much.

Dear Viket,

First of all, the GRE is a tough exam. Outstanding American students also work very hard to prepare. Also two of our most successful graduate students from the English Department in Belgrade took our GRE preparation courses. I think that one has posted to the alumni forum and even mentions this. So even if you are unable to take a preparation course, it is still important for you to work very hard on your preparation. The competition for funding is very intense - especially for English assistantships.

I am very sorry that you have such a difficult schedule. This will mean a rather high pressure application process for you. You need to make certain that you organize a very realistic time line. Also I hope that you have found more than one department that you feel is a good match for you.

Elz

Dear Viket,

First of all, the GRE is a tough exam. Outstanding American students also work very hard to prepare. Also two of our most successful graduate students from the English Department in Belgrade took our GRE preparation courses. I think that one has posted to the alumni forum and even mentions this. So even if you are unable to take a preparation course, it is still important for you to work very hard on your preparation. The competition for funding is very intense - especially for English assistantships.

I am very sorry that you have such a difficult schedule. This will mean a rather high pressure application process for you. You need to make certain that you organize a very realistic time line. Also I hope that you have found more than one department that you feel is a good match for you.

Elz

Dear Elz,

Thank you very much for everything, without your help it would be very difficult for me. I want to build up my vocabulary and I am studying every day at least three hours. I hope that it will be ok for me because I am planning to take TOEFL and GRE next year.

Warm regards,

Viket