IAC Board

testing for llm

AmusedToDeath

This topic is for students that are currently studying law or have completed their law studies in SCG and want information on graduate studies in the USA. It is a place for students to exchange ideas, information, and ask questions.

Do international students need to take any other test except TOEFL in order to enroll an LL.M. course in the USA?

<br />Do international students need to take any other test except TOEFL in order to enroll an LL.M. course in the USA?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

It depends on the program - please read the web information carefully. Some programs demanded GRE as well, others wanted LSAT, so you better get the information in time to prepare.

<br /><br /><br />

It depends on the program - please read the web information carefully. Some programs demanded GRE as well, others wanted LSAT, so you better get the information in time to prepare.

Well, from what I've seen so far, no university demands additional tests from international students for LL.M. programs. I checked websites of 20 or more universities and the only test requirement that I've seen is TOEFL (minimum ranging from 88 to 100 pts for IBT, depending on university). Either the information is concealed somewhere, which I doubt, or TOEFL is really the only required test for foreigners from non-English speaking countries. And that's great news

<br />Well, from what I've seen so far, no university demands additional tests from international students for LL.M. programs. I checked websites of 20 or more universities and the only test requirement that I've seen is TOEFL (minimum ranging from 88 to 100 pts for IBT, depending on university). Either the information is concealed somewhere, which I doubt, or TOEFL is really the only required test for foreigners from non-English speaking countries. And that's great news<br />
<br /><br /><br />

There should be no concealed information - if they want something from you, they would put it on the web site. It is not likely that one set of information is available on the web and another by phone. Just double check one more time and prepare to apply.