IAC Board

GPA and Housing issues

I am currently preparing to do my masters in the USA, and there are some things that I'm quite ambivalent about.

-Is there a scale for comparing our GPA scale (5.0) to the one in the US(4.0)?

Also when applying should I submit my current GPA or should I send it later when I graduate (Since I'll be in the middle of my fourth year)?

-When it comes to housing, I was wondering whether scholarships usually cover these expenses as well? If not Is there a possibility of working at a dorm as a support to your peers(I've heard that there is such thing, but I'm not sure what is the exact name for that position)?

Greets

Alex

I am currently preparing to do my masters in the USA, and there are some things that I'm quite ambivalent about.

-Is there a scale for comparing our GPA scale (5.0) to the one in the US(4.0)?

Also when applying should I submit my current GPA or should I send it later when I graduate (Since I'll be in the middle of my fourth year)?

-When it comes to housing, I was wondering whether scholarships usually cover these expenses as well? If not Is there a possibility of working at a dorm as a support to your peers(I've heard that there is such thing, but I'm not sure what is the exact name for that position)?

Greets

Alex

Dear Alex,

You may find some comparison scales online, but none of them are completely precise. You should also know that the institution you are applying at may use your grades only from certain subjects they are interested in and not look at your cumulative GPA. When you apply you do send the current grades you have and the transcript so they can see how many courses you may need to finish your current education. Of course, you will update that information once you finish your school. If you find some comparison scale online that can be used in your case, please use it just as the tool to get the basic information.

Scholarships can cover housing, but not necessarily. It all depends on the school and programs you are accepted to. The money you would get from working at the dorm would not be enough to cover all your living expenses so you would have to find a way around this problem. You should perform an extensive search before you send the application and avoid possible problems later.