IAC Board

Transcripts

Dear Marko,

Yes, the university will want to see the transcripts of each year of high school.  I guess this is something rather different because in the American system, even ifyou change schools, your grades are sent to the new school so that every school has a permanent record of your education from start to finish.  In other words, if you had changed schools in the states, the school that you are in right now, would have the complete record of your education and just send that to the university.  Are you asking me this because you attended school in the United States for the first two years?  If this is the case, you can contact that school and they will forward their records on you directly to the universities that you apply to.  

I hope that this answers your question.

Best regards,

Elizabeth Ann

Dear Elizabeth,

No, I haven't attended a school in the states. I just wasn't sure whether I have to send the transcripts from my second and third year (and mid year school report from my senior year), or from the first, second and third year.

Yes, this answers my question. Thanks.

Best regards,

Marko

Elizabeth,

I want to ask yous something about some colleges.

I was wondering about applying to Gallaudet University and University of the District of Columbia, besides other colleges (I don't know if you remember, but I was at your Centre last Tuesday and I'm planing of applying to Harvard). What do you think about Gallaudet and UODC? I am planing on applying to two, three ivy league and some top schools, and a few less selective schools like the ones I just mentioned.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Marko

Dear Marko,

We are moving right now and my books are packed.  I really really hope that you will come and do some research prior to deciding what constitutes a selective and non-selective school.  

I will try to look at these schools when my books are available, but please as I keep begging all students, think carefully about your choices.  It is so important that you think about the different types of schools, what you want from an education.  There are currently some very good articles that I will try to get to for you and to share with other students about schools.  

It is really important that you try to visit us and use our research library to educate yourself about your educational choices.  

Elz