IAC Board

Choosing the best University??

Dear Ms. Elizabeth,

First of all I wish you a happy holidays!Christmas!New Year!Coming Serbian New Year and so on ..

My name is Marina Skandarski and we met at the fair of education in Novi Sad. I am studying environmental engineering, 2nd year of BSc.

I will not be long, and I will try to be self sufficient as much as I can, just one question, because it's kind of hard to start all by yourself. I have to choose a good University and it gives me a trouble. What do you recommend? Would you suggest me to come to Belgrade to your office, and do the research trough your books, or you can give me some useful tips so I do it myself trough Internet. I have tried, but I have no clue which schools have the best environmental departments.

Thank you very much in advance!

Yours Sincerely,

Marina Skanadarski

Dear Marina,

First I have one question for you. Is that Bachelors of Science coming out through the Bologna Process? Are you in a department of the University or are you at a Visha School? (I ask that because I am currently working out some information on how the Bologna Process will be viewed by US admissions officials)

Yes, it will be good if you come to the library, but the first step that you really need to take will be to sign up for the graduate advising session. These sessions are usually held at 3.00 p.m. on Wednesdays, but you need to call (334 5227) to place your name on the list and to confirm the date of the next session. At that time, you are provided with an overview of the process, the role that we play in assisiting students, and a tour of the library and information on resources. It is basically mandatory in order for us to work with because it gets every on the same page. Otherwise eveyone is zipping around in all different directions....and then there is CHAOS....

We do have some wonderful reference books. Also have visited our Scholarship section on the forum? I believe their are some offers in your field. Most important of all:

44% of all international graduate students are funded directly from the departments or universities where they attend. (Open Doors 2006)