IAC Board

university requirements

Dear IAC,

I took the SAT in march, right after your preparation seminar and now that I've decide where to go I have a question to ask you regarding the university I wish to attend.

DePaul admission requirements:

Required: SAT Reasoning Test or ACT

Very important admission factors:

Character/Personal Qualities

Rigor of secondary school record

Academic GPA

Important admission factors:

Class Rank

Application Essay

Extracurricular Activities

Recommendations

Standardized Test Scores

Talent/Ability

Volunteer Work

Work Experience

Considered:

Alumni Relation

Geographical Residence

Interview

Racial/Ethnic Status

Religious Affiliation or Commitment

State Residency

First generation college student

Level of Applicant's Interest

I was wondering If you could answer my question regarding the aplication essay- is there a specific topic I must choose or is that up to me? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Belladonna,

First and foremost, I want to ask you about your decision about your choice of university - are you absolutely sure that they will provide you financial assistance as an international student? Also, are you sure that you do not want to apply to more than one university if you need financial assistance? Have you attended the group advising session with us? I ask this because you never know if you are going to fit the profile that the particular school is looking for, so it is not always good to put all of your eggs in one basket.

That said, the application will give you instructions concerning the essay. Sometimes they have a question or topic. At other schools they may provide you with a couple of topics to choose from. It is important that you read all of this information carefully and write the essay that they want you to write. It might be very helpful for you to return to group advising now that you are further along in the process so that you can get a fresh look at the process. Just a suggestion.

When do you plan to attend the school? Tell me a bit more and let me see if there is anything else that you might need to know about.

Best,

Elz

Dear IAC,

I took the SAT in march, right after your preparation seminar and now that I've decide where to go I have a question to ask you regarding the university I wish to attend.

DePaul admission requirements:

Required: SAT Reasoning Test or ACT

Very important admission factors:

Character/Personal Qualities

Rigor of secondary school record

Academic GPA

Important admission factors:

Class Rank

Application Essay

Extracurricular Activities

Recommendations

Standardized Test Scores

Talent/Ability

Volunteer Work

Work Experience

Considered:

Alumni Relation

Geographical Residence

Interview

Racial/Ethnic Status

Religious Affiliation or Commitment

State Residency

First generation college student

Level of Applicant's Interest

I was wondering If you could answer my question regarding the aplication essay- is there a specific topic I must choose or is that up to me? :)