IAC Board

Plenty of wuestions

Hello to all!

Please if you are or were a graduate student, answer these questions for me

How much do you pay per year for your studies? Do you get a financial Aid?

How far it can help? And how easy you can get it?

Don't you find that Tuitions are so high? Are you obliged to work in order to study?

How much you must afford in order to pursue your studies? In which state you are living?

Why is the US educational system that expensive?

One more thing , if there is the financial aid , why people need the loans ?

How much does the financial aid pay from the total expenses ? Is a green card holder eligible for FA ? won't they check how much his parents earn in the original country ?

Do we have to restart our education once we are in USA or we can carry on ? how do I know if my actual grade from my original country is supported by the US educational system ?

Thanks for everyone who will answer me !

Hello to you as well!

First, are you an American citizen or eligible resident, since you posted here?

Next, you can see quite a few stories if you go to the Alumni Section of the forum from our graduate students.

46.5% of all international graduate students are fully funded by the university that they attend.

In the case of our students it covers everything and includes a monthly stipend. You must be very good to get the financial aid. How far it can help? And how easy you can get it?

In the USA, education is for the most part, viewed as an investment. The cost of the education is considered what you are worth, often referred to as the value of your diploma.

Once again, you can read about students in the Alumni Forum.

State of the Art facilities.

It is very competitive and some people prefer to use loans than take an assistantship.

It depends on how much you get. As I said, most of our students are fully funded with a montly allowance/stipend included.

Graduate Studies are not usually tied to financial need, they are tied to ability.

As long as your school is recognized by the Ministry of Education in your country, your diploma will be recognized, if you are currently enrolled, your coursework will be analyzed and what fits within the American school's program will be accepted.

And for the rest of this, you should attend the free group advising sessions for graduate students to learn all about this.

Thank you so much Mr the advisor !!! I had really appreciated your answer :)

But how an international student is considered when he is holding a green card ? Is the competitive aspect still present even for a permanent immigrant ? I mean , the student has still to get good marks in order to obtain financial aid ?

But please , if the tuitions are around 50k $ , who can pay such amount without FA ? :)

I have checked the Alumni Section in Belgrad folder , but only your posts were in english , so I couldn't get much info :)

First, that is Ms. Advisor :)

Okay, first of all, graduate schools offer very good students, no matter what their status is, citizen, green card holder, international, tuition waivers and assistantships. Sometimes a student can get the full package, as do most of our alumni. I believe that there are three grad student posts in alumni that are in English. In fact, one shows the letter of offer that was received from the university. Although the other two may not state anything about the financial aid package, they were fully funded with assistantships.

The key to graduate financial aid, outside of loans, is to be very good. Generally, these departments have grants to carry out activities, so they want the best and the brightest to carry out those activities. If you want to understand the process, you really need to attend one of our group advising sessions. It is very detailed and followed by a Q & A session.

Where exactly do you live at this time? If you are not in Serbia, perhaps I can direct you to some resources nearby where you can also get information.

Elz

Sorry Ms.advisor

But I'm sure , there are no resources nearby here , I'm in north africa , in a small country called Tunisia :)

As I understood , students who can't be bright and special aren't welcome to study ????

I recognise that it should be that way , but as we all know , when we are away from our homes ... nothing is guranteed :)

Well Dear,

Students are always welcome to come and study in the US, but to get financial assistance, it usually means that you need to be have really good grades and good test scores. On the other hand, if you are a citizen or green card holder, you can get need-based assistance. However, to get into graduate school, you do need to be a pretty good student.

Now here is some good news for you. There is an EducationUSA center you can visit:

TUNISIA AMIDEAST Tunis -

Mailing Address:

AMIDEAST

EDUCATIONAL ADVISER

BP 351 TUNIS BELVEDERE

TUNISIA 1002

Walk Up Address:

22 rue Amine El Abassi

Cite Jardins

Tunis

TUNISIA 1002

tel: 216-71-841-488

e-mail: tunisia@amideast.org

I am glad to help you of course, but you might want to look into what the advising near you has to say. They will know a great deal more than I do about opportunities in the USA for students in Tanzia - sometimes there are special programs for certain countries and I don't have information about that.

So you might check that out and of course, I will continue to answer any questions that you might have.

Elz

Edited by administrator
changed contact details