IAC Board

New SAT Score Sending Policy - Nove mogucnosti slanja rezultata sa SAT

administrator

http://professionals.collegeboard.com/test...g/scores/policy

New SAT Score-Reporting Policy

The College Board has approved an important change to the current SAT score-reporting policy. This new policy will give students the freedom to send the scores by sitting (test date) that they feel best represent their ability to colleges and universities, at no additional cost. Designed to reduce student stress and improve the test-day experience, this new score-reporting feature will launch in early spring 2009, and will therefore be available to students participating in the March 2009 test administration.

Any student who has taken an SAT prior to the policy launch or who registers for the SAT after launch will be able to take advantage of this new policy. The students who have taken tests prior to the launch can use the score-reporting feature retroactively. Additionally, this new score-reporting feature will be optional to students. If a student chooses not to select their scores, all of their scores will be sent.

This new score-reporting feature also gives colleges the ability to choose which scores are required for admission. Colleges and universities will communicate any changes to their admissions policies or application requirements to students.

Fast facts

• Students will be able to select which scores they send to colleges by sitting (test date) for the SAT and by individual test for SAT Subject Tests?.
  • Scores from an entire SAT test will be sent?scores of individual sections from different sittings cannot be selected independently for sending.
  • Students can send any or all scores to a college on a single report?it will not cost more to send one, multiple or all test scores.
  • Students will be instructed to follow the different score-reporting requirements of each college to which they apply.
  • The new score-reporting feature will be optional?if students do not use it, all scores will be sent automatically.
  • The score-reporting feature can be used on any score report that students send:
    • The four score reports available through online or phone registration (applying to already scored tests) and additional score reports

[*]The new score-reporting feature functionality will be available to all students via the Web or by calling Customer Service toll free (within the United States)

[*]Students who complete a test prior to the launch of the new score-reporting feature will be able to take advantage of this option when sending past or future scores.

FAQs

Q: Will this new score-reporting feature be available to students who have already registered for test dates that occur after launch?

A: Yes. Students who have already registered for the March 2009 administration or later 2009 dates can revisit their registration information and take advantage of the new score-reporting feature after launch.

Q: Is the new score-reporting feature available for both SAT and SAT Subject Tests score reports?

A: Yes. Students will be able to select which scores they send to colleges by sitting (test date) for the SAT and by individual test for SAT Subject Tests.

Q: Does the new score-reporting feature affect other aspects of SAT registration and score-report timing, policies or processes?

A: No. The new score-reporting feature allows students to select which scores are sent to institutions. It does not affect score-report timing or other policies and procedures that are not directly related to sending score reports.

• 5 months later...

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testin...ore_choice.html

Introducing Score Choice

A New Way to Report Your SAT Scores

We know that many of you may feel anxious about taking tests. So we've tried to make the SAT experience a little less stressful by giving you what you've asked for?a new way to report your scores to colleges and scholarship programs.

Score Choice gives you the option to choose which scores (by test date for the SAT and by individual test for SAT Subject Tests?) you send to colleges?in accordance with an institution's stated score-use practice. You can choose scores from one, several, or all SAT test dates.

The College Board worked with colleges and universities to help you understand which scores they would like you to send. You can view the score-use practices of participating colleges and universities at the time that you're asked to send scores.

Colleges and universities will only receive the scores that you send them?your scores will not be released for admission purposes without your specific consent.

Remember to take advantage of your four free score reports when you register for the SAT!

SAT scores are processed as quickly as possible after the test and are sent automatically to you and your chosen colleges and scholarship programs. Within nine days of taking the test, you will be able to add, change or remove a college or a scholarship program from your score report. If you want to order more than four score reports, or send score reports more than nine days after the test, it will cost $9.50 for each report.

Score Choice Tutorial

Score Choice Tutorial (Flash)?See how the new, easy-to-use score-reporting process works. Install Adobe? Flash? Player to view tutorial.

Does Score Choice affect how many scores I send or receive?

Any or all of your scores can be sent to a college on a single report. It does not cost more to send multiple or all of your test scores. If you choose not to use Score Choice, all of your scores will be sent automatically in each score report.

Also, Score Choice applies only to the score reports that you send to colleges. You and your high school still receive scores from all of your test dates.

Should Score Choice influence how many times I take the SAT?

No. While you may see a small score increase if you take the test a second time, there is no evidence to suggest that taking the SAT more than twice is beneficial to your score. Remember: Score Choice allows you to choose your scores only by test date, not by test section.

How will I remember to send my scores?

The College Board will send emails to you and your counselors to remind you to send your scores.

Why should I use my registration score reports if I can't see my scores?

Using the registration score reports ensures that test scores are sent to colleges at the earliest possible moment. Colleges use standardized test scores for admissions as well as scholarship awards, course placement or selection to a specific program or major. Sending registration scores ensures that colleges have the most complete set of your information for use in these review processes.

Should I send my scores early?

If you know which schools you'd like to send your scores to and are comfortable sending your scores in the spring of your junior year, you should do so. Some colleges see this as a sign of interest. They may also use scores to qualify you for special campus visit programs, information sessions in your hometown or for scholarships.