IAC Board

three questions

I have three questions.

The first one is: Since I published many articles on my field of interest, should I send them along with all the other documents?

The second one: how much is it 60th percent of the verbal portion of the test?

The third one: if I send the application earler will I be notified earleir?

Best

viket

I have three questions.

The first one is: Since I published many articles on my field of interest, should I send them along with all the other documents?

First of all, before we go any further on this. What does the application say about published materials? Does the application ask for any information about whether or not you have published? If there is a place for you to list your publications, you can state, available upon request. I have no idea what your field of interest is. Does the application have any comment on supplemental materials. You can write to the grad school office and state that you are currently applying to their program and have published a great number of articles in your field. Would it be appropriate to send a selection of articles as a supplemental package. If so, would it be best to send it directly to the department or just as part of the application package. The main thing is that they certainly do not not want to see everything that you have published - they are not your tetka - :) However, a few carefully selected articles might be very nice.

The second one: how much is it 60th percent of the verbal portion of the test?

I am going to assume that you are asking about the GRE. First it is not percent, it is percentile. It is your ranking on the GRE. To be in the 60th percentile means that your score is better than 60 percent of all the other test takers on the day that you took that exam. It does not mean that you got 60% of the questions correct. It is purely a competitive measure to see how you compare with other candidates. Practice tests are important for that reason - to see how you compare with the rest of the pack on most GRE exams.

The third one: if I send the application earler will I be notified earleir?

There is not much of a relationship between the arrival of your application and the notification date. As we emphasize in the graduate advising seminar, each department has its own way of determining admissions, in general the playing field is very level. They might decide before notification date, but notification dates are more complicated than most people can grasp. There are certain agreements about when notifications will be sent out.

I hope this helps.

Thank you very much. They say that if I want to be considered for the teaching assistant, I can send them some supplementary papers aong with my appl package. I published many articles on teaching english language.

The next question: I would like to take GRE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, when is the next date nd when should I register?

Best,

viket

Thank you very much. They say that if I want to be considered for the teaching assistant, I can send them some supplementary papers aong with my appl package. I published many articles on teaching english language.

The next question: I would like to take GRE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, when is the next date nd when should I register?

Best,

viket

You can register for the next computer based GRE testing in Zagreb, Budapest or Sofia. Tests are organized at least two times a week, but the first available date you have to search for at www.gre.org once you start the registration procedure.

Dear Viket,

My advice would be to select some of your more outstanding articles. No one will appreciate being bombarded with every article that you have published. Did you have an opportunity to read the profiile of Stevic at Yale on our alumni section of the forum?

Elz