IAC Board

GRE Revised question?

Kiza

Hello everyone,

I've read two posts here, one dating March the 15th and the other one April 2 2007. The first one says that GRE General Revised test will start in fall 2007 and introduce some changes in the test, like no more antonyms and analogies and a new scale etc. The April posting says that ALL changes planned are cancelled.

My question may sound dull, but I want to make some things clear. NO changes regarding composition, difficulty, length or any other radical change are introduced, the GRE General is COMPLETELEY the same as in 2006???

I'm in the possession of the book Cracking the GRE 2007 edition, Princeton Review, issued in 2006, and cause there is 2008 edition, I was wandering could I use the book I possess without any problems for learning and practicing for the GRE General which I plan to take later this year? Or I should buy the 2008 edition?

Thank you for your help!

Hello everyone,

I've read two posts here, one dating March the 15th and the other one April 2 2007. The first one says that GRE General Revised test will start in fall 2007 and introduce some changes in the test, like no more antonyms and analogies and a new scale etc. The April posting says that ALL changes planned are cancelled.

My question may sound dull, but I want to make some things clear. NO changes regarding composition, difficulty, length or any other radical change are introduced, the GRE General is COMPLETELEY the same as in 2006???

I'm in the possession of the book Cracking the GRE 2007 edition, Princeton Review, issued in 2006, and cause there is 2008 edition, I was wandering could I use the book I possess without any problems for learning and practicing for the GRE General which I plan to take later this year? Or I should buy the 2008 edition?

Thank you for your help!

The plans for changing GRE completely were dropped in early April and paper based remained the same as during the previous year. However, computer GRE is changing a bit - there are some additional questions, but you can read more about it here - http://www.ets.org/portal/site/ets/menuite...00022f95190RCRD

Your book is still a good choice and we can advise you to go ahead and study. You can consult more with our preparation experts if you need more info on the difference between two issues of that book. Based on our previous experience, that difference is not significant.